Thursday, September 25, 2014

Observational Drawing

Back in July I enrolled in Lori Pickert's Free Observational Drawing Class. The class was set up with a forum for those who wanted to share and learn more from Lori's wisdom on Project Based Homeschooling. The lessons were delivered straight to your email. I really enjoyed taking the class on my own pace and being able to go back to the lessons after the classes ended, this class was for seven days. Lori included lots of tips and resources which is really helping me to feel more poised at given instruction in art. 

We did the first lesson today that introduced Blind Contoured Drawing.

                                                                       

 They really liked using the paper plate to blind them of their drawing while using their eyes to really focus on what they were drawing. Just so you know I decided to have them use a permanent marker so that once the activity was over they wouldn't want to "fix it". Also the first lesson given by Lori has the student'drawing their own hand. I know these two kiddos too well to know that drawing their hand wasn't going to be well received on our first go at observational drawing.


Plus it was such a beautiful Fall day and you couldn't help but notice the leaves.

I think it was a successful activity, expecially since they have continued to draw all day.

2 comments:

  1. I really love their drawings - I think they did really well! My oldest (LM) loves to draw. I will have to introduce this to her and see what she thinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was easy too implement too. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete